Sunday 26 April 2009

Flapjacks

Summer is here! I'm going punting with friends later and I'm bringing the sweet snacks. Flapjacks are awesome, so I thought I'd make a batch. They're based on this recipe for sloejacks, which is absolutely fantastic. I highly recommend the original recipe, though I'll warn you that when I made it, the sloejacks did end up rather alcoholic!

Anyway, back to the flapjacks!

Flapjacks
Ingredients
  • 190g Oats
  • 150g Butter
  • 115g Caster sugar
  • 100g Almonds, coarsely chopped
Method
  1. Melt the butter and mix with the other ingredients.
  2. Tip into a shallow, greased baking tray and bake at 180C/Gas mark 4 for 20 minutes.
  3. Allow to cool slightly before removing from the tray.
Simple, innit? Here's the finished article:

No comments:

Post a Comment