Sunday, 13 September 2026

Cheesecake returns

I'm not actually a big fan of cheesecake in general, but Fiona is. I don't remember why, but recently we were talking about cheesecake, and I said that I'd make her one, so time to wheel out my one and only (or alternatively, my tried and tested) cheesecake recipe. I took the suggestion from past me and doubled the quantities (except for the Maltesers - I don't know if it's shrinkflation, but there were only 48 in the "sharing" (hah!) bag that I got, so that's how many I used!). In hindsight, I don't know if past me intended to be taken literally on that point - perhaps one and a half times quantities would have been better - but frankly, he should have known better if he wasn't being literal.

Here's the cheesecake before the Malteser topping. Smoothing out the top was really satisfying, but also demonstrates quite nicely that I'm not very good at plastering...

And the finished article just before chilling.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment