Monday 7 November 2011

It's like Fight Club, only with pastry instead of blood and sugar instead of violence

There's a small group of us who normally dine together in the Balliol SCR on a Monday evening. A few weeks ago, Bob and I had rather a nice idea; an SCR baking club. I have no idea if it'll actually get off the ground, but I thought that even if it doesn't, it'd be quite a nice one-off. I'm baking another Upside-down Tarte Tatin. It's almost exactly the same recipe as last time around. This time, I'm using Royal Gala apples instead of Braeburns, because they were on special offer, and I didn't have any lemon juice, so I threw in a little splash of cider vinegar to give it the acidity. I also chucked in a bit of cinnamon, because I'm firmly of the opinion that you can't go wrong with apples and cinnamon!

Looks pretty gorgeous, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment