Friday 15 June 2012

Cupcakes!

After a decade at Balliol, I'm about to leave for the real world, so I've been busy saying goodbye and thank you to the people who have helped me over the years. The porters are the final group that I'd like to thank, and a batch of cupcakes seem like a good way to express that! The recipe that I'm using is this one, with only the tiniest bit of faffing around the edges.

Chocolate Cupcakes
Ingredients
  • 150g Butter
  • 150g Soft dark brown sugar
  • 3 Eggs
  • 1tsp Vanilla extract
  • 115g Plain flour
  • 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
  • 1tsp Cream of tartar
  • 35g Cocoa powder
  • 100g Chocolate chips
Method
  1. Cream the butter and sugar together.
  2. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
  3. Fold in the remaining ingredients.
  4. Pour into cupcake cases and bake at 170C for 20-25 mins.
  5. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
I found I had to let the mixture down a little with a splash of milk. Here's how they turned out straight from the oven - I'm certainly not good at cupcakes!
Coloured cupcake cases are pretty though!
Yeah... turning them out of their cases could have gone a bit better.
The finished article!

No comments:

Post a Comment