Tuesday 2 January 2024

What to do with egg whites

 In the past, I've normally made a pavlova alongside the tiramisu, to use up the egg whites. But I don't actually like meringue all that much. So this time around, I thought I'd try something a bit different. I found a recipe for an easy chocolate mousse that looked, well, really easy.

Easy Chocolate Mousse

Ingredients

  • 150g Dark chocolate
  • 6 Egg whites
  • 2tbsp Caster sugar

Method

  1. Melt the chocolate in the microwave.
  2. Whisk the egg whites with the sugar until it forms stiff peaks.
  3. Fold the egg whites into the chocolate.
  4. Pour into ramekins and refrigerate to set.

Simple, no? Still not quite simple enough for me not to make a bit of a hash of it - I lost a heck of a lot of air in the folding, and I think my chocolate was too cool to begin with and started to set immediately, so I've got flecks throughout. It doesn't look stellar, but it was ridiculously simple.


No comments:

Post a Comment