Sunday 30 August 2009

Verdict: Chocolate torte

In a word: Marvellous. I stand by that initial feeling I had when I had just read the recipe - just simply marvellous. It was crispy on the top, chewy in the middle and wonderfully stodgy at the bottom - a texture reminiscent of good brownies. Intensely chocolatey, though somewhat too sweet for my liking, but I seemed to be the only one who thought so. I think I might cut down the sugar a bit if I bake it again. We had it with custard, which complemented the torte well, though I think ice cream or even a splash of cream would work well too. Both Anita and Kim had a second helping, which is always a good sign, and David and Gina seemed to like it the next day too.

If you haven't been to look at Rouxbe yet, go and do so now. The recipes of theirs that I have tried so far have been truly excellent (the almond and crab apple jelly torte was based on the raspberry and almond torte from Rouxbe) and they have a lot more to offer than just recipes. I particularly liked the fact that Dawn from Rouxbe took the time to leave a lovely comment too!

No comments:

Post a Comment