Thursday 24 March 2011

Honey Cake

I'm going to Ellie's for dinner tonight and I said I'd bring dessert. I'm feeling rather uninspired at the moment, so it's just going to be a very simple, but hopefully tasty, honey loaf cake. The recipe is from here.

Honey Loaf Cake
Ingredients
  • 100g Butter
  • 175g Honey
  • 2 Eggs
  • 300g Plain flour
  • 2 tsp Baking powder
  • 75ml Milk
Method
  1. Cream the butter and then beat in the honey.
  2. Beat in the eggs.
  3. Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixture and fold in.
  4. Add the milk and combine gently.
  5. Pour into a greased loaf tin and bake at ~200C for ~45-55 mins until golden.
  6. Turn out onto a wire rack and brush with honey before allowing to cool.
Looking at the batter, I don't think I added quite enough milk. It's hard to tell, but the cake mix was a little on the firm side. I don't think it'll make too much difference though. Here's the cake ready for the oven.Here's the cake straight from the oven. I think it's a little dry, possibly due to not having added enough milk, but looks edible. I think it looks pretty good though.But the honey glaze just finishes it off beautifully!

No comments:

Post a Comment