Saturday 18 February 2012

Verdict 2: Wasabi and apple ganache

Okay, maybe it wasn't entirely my fault - I tried again (with half quantities), taking extra care not to overheat the chocolate. It was fine when I poured it out and definitely hadn't seized, but when I took it out of the fridge, it had separated out again. It's a shame really - I think the flavours are really nicely balanced, but I have no idea why it went grainy. Maybe I'll try adding some cream to act as an emulsifier sometime, but I think I'll leave this one alone for now.


1 comment:

  1. Ugh, how annoying! I am on a quest to make a pear ganache for dark chocolate, pear & spiced red wine macarons. I plan to make a jube/jelly of the spiced red wine mix, but am hoping to make a pear ganache rather than a third filling to make up the pear element. This is the only recipe i have seen for any type of ganache that doesn't include cream. Everywhere else has mostly cream with concentrated juice added slowly as you would a liqueur. I am going to puree a tin of pears in their juice/syrup and then i'm going to reduce the hell out of it, at least by 50%, then I'm going to make the ganache. cool it down a bit and then add the pear puree reduction. I will let you know how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete