Tuesday 14 February 2012

Wasabi and apple ganache

A while ago, I was given a copy of Adventures With Chocolate by Paul Young. I hadn't got around to trying any of its recipes until now, but they all look absolutely amazing! One in particular caught my eye though, and today seemed like a good opportunity to try it!

Wasabi and Green Apple Ganache
Ingredients
  • 15g Wasabi paste
  • 200g Caster sugar
  • 250ml Apple juice
  • 200g Dark chocolate
Method
  1. Put the wasabi, sugar and apple juice in a pan and bring to a simmer.
  2. Simmer for 5 minutes.
  3. Pour over the chocolate and stir until smooth.
  4. Pour into ramekins and refrigerate to set.
Annoyingly, I was a bit careless with it and let the chocolate seize. Ah well, I'm sure it'll be okay - just maybe not as smooth as it could be! We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment