Saturday 23 January 2010

Cheer up chocolate cake

My friend Helen was feeling a bit down, so I promised her a chocolate cake. Completely lacking inspiration, I had a look in the cake ingredients aisle of M&S while I was shopping, and decided to make it a treacle-based chocolate cake. It's pretty straightforward, but I think this might be a winner!

Cheer Up Chocolate Cake
Ingredients
  • 270g Black treacle
  • 150g Butter
  • 1 tsp Vanilla extract
  • 3 Eggs
  • 150g Self-raising flour
  • 80g Cocoa powder
  • 2tsp Bicarbonate of soda
  • 100g Dark chocolate chips
Method
  1. Melt the treacle, butter and vanilla extract over a double boiler and whisk together.
  2. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time.
  3. Sift in the flour, cocoa powder and bicarbonate of soda and fold in gently.
  4. Stir in the chocolate chips.
  5. Pour into a lined cake tin and bake at ~170C for ~40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment