Saturday 23 January 2010

Verdict: Cheer up chocolate cake

I had originally intended to serve the cake with a ganache, but I was overruled on the basis that that would have meant we would have had to wait longer to eat the cake. So we had it with cream instead. It would have been better with custard, but then I think pretty much all cakes are better with custard. But the cake itself was pretty darned good actually. It wasn't very sweet; in fact, it was slightly bitter, but not unpleasantly so. But I still stuck a drizzle of golden syrup on the top, which I think improved it significantly. The texture of the cake on the other hand was gorgeous - that perfect and oh-so-difficult balance of fudginess, moistness and crunch. The crust was just right and the inside was absolutely wonderful. A huge success I'd say, and it also won the biggest compliment - Kenny asked if he could have the recipe. A really good cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment