Sunday 20 September 2009

Crumble!

I love crumble, absolutely love it, so I thought I'd bake one. I popped down to the Co-Op earlier to buy some fruit, so the choice was a bit limited, but hopefully it'll work. The peaches aren't really ripe, but I'm hoping it won't matter too much...

Peach, Apple and Grapefruit Crumble
Ingredients
  • 2 Peaches
  • 1 Red grapefruit
  • 2 Apples
  • ~1tbsp Cinnamon
  • ~1tsp Nutmeg
  • 60g Honey
  • 170g Plain flour
  • 110g Butter
  • 55g Caster sugar
Method
  1. Segment the grapefruit, slice the peaches and apples and line the base of an ovenproof dish with them.
  2. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.
  3. Drizzle the honey over the fruit.
  4. Rub the butter into the flour to the texture of coarse breadcrumbs.
  5. Mix the sugar with the flour/butter and sprinkle over the fruit.
  6. Bake a 200C/Gas Mark 6 for ~45-60mins until hot and golden.
As you can see, I'm not good at segmenting grapefruit!
Unfortunately, I forgot to take a photo with just the fruit before I covered it with the honey, cinnamon and nutmeg, but the colours were amazing! Anyway, here's a photo just before the crumble top went on.
Ready for the oven.Fresh from the oven. Once again though, the photo really doesn't do it justice!

No comments:

Post a Comment