Sunday 4 April 2010

The Fudge Factor

I bought a 397g tin of condensed milk (anyone know why it's sold in such a random quantity?) for the pineapple buns, but had no idea what to do with the remaining 300g of it. So naturally, I asked people on Facebook and the best suggestion I got back was to make fudge. Here goes...

Plain, Boring Fudge
Ingredients
  • 300g Condensed milk
  • 4tbsp Water
  • 300g Sugar
  • 45g Butter
  • 1tsp Vanilla extract
Method
  1. Place all the ingredients in a pan and heat gently, stirring constantly to a temperature of 116C.
  2. Remove from the heat and beat until the fudge thickens (about 10 minutes).
  3. Pour into a greased tin and allow to cool.
Here's the fudge just after pouring. I think I should have poured it a bit earlier - as you can see, parts of it have already mostly set! It's not going to win any awards for prettiness...

No comments:

Post a Comment