Thursday 8 April 2010

Verdict: Chocolate and cherry brandy bundt cake

Oh. My. Word. This cake was absolutely amazing! I don't know if it's the best cake I've ever baked, but it's certainly a contender! As you can see, it came out of the tin mostly intact, after some serious coercion with a spatula. It lost all of its pretty fluting around the edge, but at least now I know for next time that the Bundt tin needs a lot more greasing and a lot more flour. Anyway, I think it's still fairly pretty personally, but then beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that. But much more importantly, it tasted absolutely wonderful. Beautifully moist, and surprisingly for me, not heavy. It was wonderfully chocolatey, perfectly balanced and the cherry & almond flavour came through really nicely. Genuinely, I can't think of any way in which this cake could be improved - the sweetness was perfect, the texture was brilliant and the flavours blended together fantastically. Apparently, the people at the Magnolia Bakery really know what they're doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment