Wednesday 5 August 2020

Baking for fuel

Most of the time, I bake for fun. This time around, it's strictly utilitarian. I've got a ~120km ride planned for the weekend, so I need on-the-go fuel - time for flapjacks! It's basically the same as my old flapjack recipe, but using dried cranberries instead of almonds. Very quick, easy, and hopefully tasty!

Cranberry Flapjacks
Ingredients
  • 150g Butter
  • 200g Oats and seeds*
  • 115g Caster sugar
  • 170g Dried cranberries
Method
  1. Melt the butter.
  2. Mix in all the other ingredients.
  3. Press into a lined tin and bake at 180C for 20 minutes.
  4. Leave to cool slightly before removing from tin.
*I could have sworn we had porridge oats in stock. All I could find was our homemade muesli, which happily is looking rather plain right now - oats with a small amount of sunflower seeds mixed in . It'll do!

Terrible photo, but fresh from the oven, it does look rather good!

Still not a great photo. Also I really can't cut things into even pieces.

There we go! A decent picture at last!


No comments:

Post a Comment